Saturday, July 19, 2008

Photo Journal - July 18, 2008

I'm really not digging this 4-day workweek concept. It is a very nice concept if you are the type of person who holds a 9-5 Admin job. When you work in Events and Operations, it is required that you're on at obscure dates and times. The ideal workweek would be to work 4 days straight with 3 days off. It's great if you have the ability to work from home, but alas I don't. It is true that my gasoline has lasted 3 extra days but I don't think it's worth it if you're going to be EXHAUSTED by the end of the week, or even midweek at this fact.

After a long week (not hard, just long), I decided to treat myself to some Panera Bread breakfast before my 8:30am Chiropractor appointment. Panera is just one of those places that really makes me happy. It has that flair of elegance while leaving their food items so simple and comforting. Not to mention it makes me feel like I'm eating healthy, even if it's not true. I'm usually a sucker for their French Onion soup, Chicken Salad sandwiches, or Asiago Roast Beef. Of course, you can't forget their special potato chips with a side of ice cold lemonade. It's making me feel good already. Breakfast at Panera was a new concept for me so I went with the Whole Grain toasted bagel, side of Honey Walnut Spread, and Orange Juice. Healthy? The bagel is whole grain and I only used half of the spread!



Fort Lauderdale Children's Theater had their last performance at Parker Playhouse. I drove over to help out before the show and as the show started, some shady clouds (no pun intended) began to move in right over us. Peter and Tate, who grew up in Texas and Kansas spotted some spinning in the clouds. So we did the only smart thing we knew what to do, we went outside and pretended to be tornado meteorologists. It was actually very eerily beautiful watching the clouds move in and out and over the area. Luckily, the clouds never picked up enough speed and moved East in a time period of 10 to 15 minutes. It was still very exciting!



The following picture describes the crazy weather in Florida. As you can see, It is completely dark but you can clearly see the outline where the "good" weather is at the time. The clouds just swept in that direction and covered the whole sky grey within minutes!



I can truly say that I LOVE the Parker Playhouse. It is an old theater with many needed improvements and yet I can call it "my house." If you've never seen this theater, I recommend you come and see it when it's live. As an avid theatre fan, this is how a theatre should be built. I'm always disappointed at these new contemporary galleries they call "Performing Arts Center." Where is the love? Theatre is supposed to embrace you and welcome you. Parker Playhouse definitely has that quality. These are outdoor shots with the storming clouds overhead. Come see our house, our staff will make you feel right at home. You'll want to come back over and over again.



For those OCD spellers, I know that I spelled "theatre." That, ladies and gentlemen, is closer to the Greek spelling where THEATRE originated. So, no, I will not and/or never spell it "theater." Thank you very much, have a nice day! :)

I'll finish off the entry by saying that I have HOT shoes. That is all:


1 comment:

ADRIANE CLARKE said...

NICE...I enjoyed reading this and I too love Panera...so much that I try to STAY AWAY FROM IT AT ALL COSTS!!!! :)